Burlesque Solo Series
ShowGirl Temple is taking our body loving Solo Burlesque Series online, so you can be the star of your life wherever you are!
In ShowGirl Temple we dance free of shame and step into our most glittering manifestations -- shining our light for all, but most importantly for ourselves. ShowGirl Temple is Body Positive and welcomes performers of varied skill levels, all backgrounds and all gender identities.
Through this course you will learn the foundation of creating a solo Burlesque act and be guided through creating a quality video suitable for our own online show and applying to other productions. Participants are eligible for a future ShowGirl Temple Showcase in Portland, OR.
- Foundation Videos: Storytelling & Choreo; Costuming; Stage Makeup; Posing & Facial Expressions; Selecting a Stage Name; Professionalism in Burlesque; Appropriation; Video Vixen
- Dance Technique Videos: Basic Burlesque Moves Warmup; 3 P’s & Peeling Demo; Hot Tips; The Right Touch; And We Strut; Boa Basics; Tassel Twirling; Beginning Floorwork; Chair Dance Basics; FANtabulous Feather Fans; Stretching; Slink Sauce Dance
- Becoming Babelicious High Points on building confidence and Body Magick off stage
- Private Online Classroom for course materials and ongoing Q&A
- Zoom meetings focused on Q&A and act development
- 2 Private Act Workshopping Sessions with Eva D’Luscious (during the Series)
- Glam Shot Online Photoshoot with 3 finished digital images
- Instruction on lighting and camera set up for photos and video
- Group Session for Act Workshopping
SERIES PROGRESSION & DATES:
Act Foundations with Eva D'Luscious
Costuming with Luna Phaze
Posing with Vanity Thorn/Peeling with Eva D’Luscious
Makeup with Vanity Thorn
Glam Shots - Booked individually, may require more than 1 date
Online Viewing Party -- Private or Public Show TBD by series participants
Our next series date hasn't been scheduled at this time. Please send us a Chat Message if you're interested in learning more!
*ShowGirl Temple Showcase performers are paid a share of the door. Travel and accommodations are at the expense of performers, but we will do our best to find you hosted lodging. Show date will be scheduled when health and safety permits.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR CLASS:
- Food & Drink to nourish you through each class
- Note taking supplies
- Dancing shoes
- Makeup Kit (own or as recommended by Vanity Thorn)
- Performance Costume
- Bluetooth photo remote (optional, but makes selfies much easier)
PRIVATE CLASSES: The series includes 2 30-minute private sessions with Eva. Additional classes are available for $40/hour (discount for series participants, ongoing ShowGirl Temple Students and Burlesque Community Members).
** High Priestess of Tease and International Burlesque Performer Eva D’Luscious covers act development, including storytelling through dance, principles of musicality, choreography and stage presence, how to break down music and her 3Ps of Striptease.
Eva is a Portland-based MC, burlesque performer, producer and instructor known for putting her students at ease and instigating a love of all things sparkly. A self-avowed dance, holistic living and fitness nerd on a mission to unite and uplift through joyful movement, she has supported many people in revealing their sparkly selves and welcomes beginners and experienced dancers to her classes. Eva has performed Burlesque for 9+ years, taught Burlesque classes for 6+ and is a lifelong dancer.
** Hailing from the sexy side of the moon, Luna Phaze mystifies audiences wherever she goes. Luna has always had a passion for self-improvement and building confidence from within. She takes her position as High Priestess of Fluff very seriously. She loves to help womxn tap into their inner confidence, overcome self-doubt and find their personal brand of shine. Luna does her best to lift each student up, encourage and support them throughout their time at ShowGirl Temple and beyond.
Luna has been a featured performer at the Enchanted Forest Music Festival & Burning Man. With her Classic glamorous style and sexy sass, she’ll leave you wanting more!
**As the High Priestess of Glam for Showgirl Temple, Vanity Thorn brings 10+ years of work in the beauty and fashion industry to create workshops accessible to all levels of learners. Her focus is the demystification of high glamour, so that all students may adopt the knowledge of their innate sexuality.
Vanity Thorn consistently strives to fill the world with a more diverse representation of beauty, through rejecting mainstream media standards of attractiveness. She dismisses the notion that there is only one way to be sexy. Professional techniques are not to be limited to only the select group mandated by Industry elites.
*** Reminder that material taught in class and course notes are the creative property of the instructors and may not be shared publicly without their prior written consent. Thank you for respecting Artists!